This Christmas I attempted to make my wife the rose from the Disney film Beauty and the Beast. You can read my post on how you can make one here. As well as this rose I also made my wife two, count them, two Disney button art pictures. One was Mickey Mouse and the other was Alice from Alice in wonderland.
I'm not a "crafty" person at all. I may be a Store Manager for a large craft chain but that is purely because I can manage a store well. Yet it seems at Christmas I seem to get a wave of inspiration and create something crafty. This year I went all out. I probably won't be able to top this next year with my limited craft skills so don't get your hopes up wifey.
Read on to find out how easy these are to make...
- Search for your image on Google. I searched for "Mickey Mouse silhouette". Once you have found your chosen image print it off.
- Now go and buy your buttons and frame. As you can see from the pictures I used red, white, yellow and light blue. I used an A4 frame, a box frame would be ideal but I couldn't get one in that size. You will also need a glue gun and glue sticks
- Stick your image to the frame backing board using double sided sticky tape
- get your buttons out and arrange them onto your picture
- Once you are happy with it, you can start glueing them down using your glue gun
- You can put more buttons on top to give it a more 3D effect if you wish (for this, you will definitely need a box frame).
- Once it has all dried then you can put the frame on and stand back and admire your masterpiece!
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Have you made any button art before? I'd love to see some photos. Feel free to tweet me and pictures and I will share with everyone.
Just in case you haven't read my Beauty and the Beast rose post I'll give you another link here. Also here's a pic
Thanks for reading