Here I am answering the #TheDaddyTag challenge. It has been created by thefrenchiemummy.com you can also find her Twitter page here
My wife put me forward for this onTwitter, you can find her awesome blog "For us to look back on" here
Are you a Stay at Home Daddy or a Working Daddy?
I am a working Daddy, my wife stays at home to look after our children as we are fortunate enough to be able to afford for her to stay at home to raise them.
Would you have it any other way?
I would love to stay at home with my wife to look after them but after 7 minutes I would probably go insane. I do miss them when I'm working but I know I have it easier.
Do you co-change dirty nappies? Even the very smelly ones?
I do change nappies, nowhere near the amount my wife does though. Even when I'm off she will change more than me, I think she enjoys it really, even when my daughter smells like a garbage truck.
A little fairy gives you the possibility of breastfeeding? Are you going for it or do you run away?
Run away quicker than Usain Bolt in the 100m. I would just find it too weird.
What is the one must-have item for a daddy?
Baby wipes, they hide all the mess you've made with your child before the Mrs comes back.
How many kids do you plan on having?
We have 2 and there will be no more.
Lads’ nights? How often do you have them?
Probably once every 2-3 months for a few beers in pub
Your children’s favourite achievement?
My son swimming without his armbands on (he's 5). He said,"I was real proud of myself Daddy". My daughter (11 months old), probably saying Hiya. She seems pretty proud of herself when she says it 800 times a day.
What is your best memory with your kid(s)?
Taking my son to Disney World Florida and seeing his face when the first parade came down the street.
Name one thing you miss since being a daddy?
Being able to go out with the wife whenever we wanted and wherever we wanted.
Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now? And we mean YOU DADDY, not the mummy!
Before, not too bad, we were regular gym users. During, not the best, my wife was gaining weight so it was only fair I joined her in that. After, more weight gain. A newborn and a 4-year-old made takeaway sound even more appealing than normal. Now, bigger than I want to be, with our little girl still under 1 it is hard to get motivated to hit the gym.
Dream holiday with your kids?
Taking them both to Disney World. They both love Disney and so do me and the Mrs.
Dream holiday without your kids or even without the other half? (You’re allowed to dream)
I would love to go to the Maldives or Bora Bora with my wife and stay in one of the overwater villas.
How has your life changed since having kids?
Dramatically, I am now the sole earner in our home which motivates me to work as hard as possible to ensure I stay in work to provide for my family. Also having these small human beings depend on you 100% for everything is a massive change, a change I love!
Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
I see my children's smiles when I walk in from a day's work.
Favourite beers brands and football team?
Coors light, even a wrinkly JCVD hasn't put me off drinking them. My favourite football team has to be Hull City, my hometown team
Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers. We actually use Aldi's own brand as there great value but I know if I had to wear nappies I would much prefer that "area" to be "pampered" rather than "Hugged"
Have you always wanted kids?
Yes and always wanted 2, we got one boy and one girl so were very lucky and happy.
Best part of being a dad?
Knowing that my wife and I were able to make these little miracles and help them grow into amazing human beings is the best feeling ever. Hearing my son say "Daad...I did this today" and tell me a great little story and see his happy little face is an amazing feeling. Children's innocence is great.
There we have it, that's my Daddy tag challenge completed. I am going to nominate 2 Dad bloggers that have engaged with me on twitter a few times and I am going to throw it back over to my wife also.
Thanks for reading
- Copy the following questions and answer them the most honestly possible. But if you want to lie a bit, nobody would really know… Please, make sure that you also copy and paste the rules listed here for the next person to know how it works!
- Add our badge to the HTML / Text portion of your post. Or, add a back link to your post using #TheDaddyTag. If you need any help inserting the badge, use the gorgeous Linky Guide by @CuddleFairy, the section where she explains how to add a badge to your post.
<div align="center"><a href="https://thefrenchiemummy.com/" rel="nofollow" title="the Frenchie Mummy Blog"><img src="https://thefrenchiemummy.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/ribbet-edit1.jpg" alt="the Frenchie Mummy Blog" style="border: none;" /></a></div><a href="http://64b.co/09P" title="Generate your Grab My Button code" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"
The badge is available on our website https://thefrenchiemummy.com/ on the sidebar and above.
Below are the questions you need to answer:
- Follow us, @FrenchieMummy on Twitter . That will help us to RT your post. We’re also on Facebook , Instagram and Pinterest. If you can follow us there as well, that would just be awesome!!!
- Post your answers (with the badge)
- Tag Frenchie Mummy on Twitter for an RT @FrenchieMummy with #TheDaddyTag.
- I will read all the posts and choose the best one each fortnight. The happy winner will be contacted by email and his/ her post will be published on our page as a guest post. It will also be shared across different social media: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. It will help build your DA!
- Are you a Stay at Home Daddy or a Working Daddy?
- Would you have it any other way?
- Do you co-change dirty nappies? Even the very smelly ones?
- A little fairy gives you the possibility of breastfeeding? Are you going for it or do you run away?
- What is the one must-have item for a daddy?
- How many kids do you plan on having?
- Lads’ nights? How often do you have them?
- Your children’s favourite achievement?
- What is your best memory with your kid(s)?
- Name one thing you miss since being a daddy?
- Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now? And we mean YOU DADDY, not the mummy!
- Dream holiday with your kids?
- Dream holiday without your kids or even without the other half? (You’re allowed to dream)
- How has your life changed since having kids?
- Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
- Favourite beers brands and football team?
- Huggies or Pampers?
- Have you always wanted kids?
- Best part of being a dad?